Thursday, September 22, 2011
Emerging Technology and Advertising (ETA)
FITC Events has recently launched a new, intimate and invite only event focused on Emerging Technology and Advertising (ETA) to address the challenging new landscape facing those in advertising and marketing.
Featuring seven brilliant speakers on October 14th in Toronto, ETA is about breaking ingrained assumptions and removing the blinders to new and innovative ways to think about marketing.
Unlike any other FITC event, the format of ETA puts attendees across the table and in discussion with each of the presenters. This unique format provides unparalleled access to real conversations with all of the presenters who include:
• Josh Harris – Subject of documentary film QUIET: We Live in Public and the man behind The Wired City project.
• Evan Roth – Artist and researcher; notable projects include EyeWriter, L.A.S.E.R. Tag and LED Throwies.
• Christie Nicholson - Webby Award-winning science journalist featured in Scientific American, Discovery Canada and Science Channel.
• Derrick de Kerckhove – Author and professor, past director of the McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology.
• Faris Yakob – Strategist and geek, CIO at MDC Partners and co-founder of Spies&Assassins.
• Marco Tempest – A virtual magician, techno-illusionist and recipient of the prestigious New York World Cup of Magic.
• David-Michael Davies - Executive director of The Webby Awards and co-founder of Internet Week New York.
The conversation at ETA will be facilitated by the ever creative Jason Theodor, and digital strategist, Scott Suthren.
This exclusive and intimate event has been designed for creative directors, strategists, c-suite executives and the best of the best in advertising and technology. If you’re interested in attending, email FITC’s director, Shawn Pucknell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete details can be found at fitc.ca/eta