Friday, January 07, 2011
Below, are some industry events that you should note:
1) Social Media Week - This event happens across the Globe Feb 7-11, and Toronto is excited to host it for its second time this year. With Nokia on board as Global Sponsor, and with some of the leading names in the social media community on board it's sure to be a wonderful event.
2) ElectoMagnetism V2 - Hosted by our good friends at Resistor, we invite you to join in on their second annual collective Art Exhibition featuring the fine art work of some of the leading creative folks in the Toronto advertising and commercial production industry. All 11 artists being featured are:
- Lance Martin VP/Creative Director/Artist TAXI 2
- Nadine Prada Senior Art Director/Artist Juniper Park
- Steve Gordon Director/Photographer Unlimited Films
- Carson Ting Creative Director/Artist Rethink
- Curtis Wehrfritz Director/Photographer Untitled Films
- Rea Kelly Broadcast Producer/Artist BBDO
- Aldo Cundari President/COO/Sculptor Cundari Integrated
- Joey Bruni Art Director/Artist CBC
- Niall Kelly Senior Art Director/Artist Taxi
- Arron Isaac Art Director/Artist MacLaren McCann
- Ottilie Mason Film/TV/Photo prop Stylist/Artist Freelance
Sign up here.
3) Classes in Mobile! The Mobile Institute is offering 1/2 day classes to those looking to learn more about the mobile industry. Designed to be interactive and intimate, the classes will help both non-mobile industry professionals and mobile professionals prepare for the careers and business opps coming in mobile for 2011. Classes are on Jan. 19th. Register here.
4) And last, but not least - Ad Week! Jan 24-28th is just around the corner. Be sure to check it out!
Hope to see you at one of these events in the near future!
The Ad Lounge team