Boost Agents, Toronto,
July 30th 2014 04:15 PM -
Our client, a multinational quick service restaurant located in mid-town Toronto, is seeking a Social Media Manager to join their team for a one year contract.
This position works within the Communications Department and provides support to all internal and external stakeholders to protect and further the brand in Canada.
You will ensure internal and external communications are consistent and leverage all opportunities to move the brand in Canada forward. You'll always seek out opportunities to communicate strong messaging, the communications team also responds to any brand issue or crisis situations. You'll work with internal customers including Marketing, HR, Supply Chain, Customer Relations, Global and U.S. Communications, Legal and others as needed.
Director, External Communications & Social Media
Support and execute social media programming to support the Canada business.
- Activate and measure the impact of social media programming aligned with brand digital strategy that effectively engages key audiences (e.g., customers, stakeholders, etc.) with the brand.
- Develop and execute social media strategy for the Canadian business, inclusive of social networking, blogger relations, micro-blogging, crisis/issues management, brand engagement, etc.
- Lead day-to-day "conversation agent" for brand's main social media channels (e.g. Twitter) while also engaging with the other members of the Communications Department, Marketing, and PR/Marketing agency partners
- Monitor quality of work and provides ongoing feedback and counsel – including input into overall performance reviews – to agency partners to help them meet objectives and deliver the best work.
- Measure and provide feedback reporting to the business on results of social media activation, engagement – i.e., what is working, where there are still opportunities, etc.
- Serve as brand's subject matter expert on social media, providing strategic guidance for execution and alignment with Global and Corporate initiatives.
- Support the brand’s proactive blogger engagement strategies
- Advise on strategy and best use of social media, and assist in activating branded social media channels in the event of a brand issue or crisis
- Leverage appropriate brand and industry research, as well as best practices to ensure that social media strategy and programs resonate with, engage and motivate key audiences.
- Identify new technologies and networks that can support brand's digital strategy.
- Advise and counsel colleagues on effective ways to reach and engage key internal and external audiences through social media.
- Ensure integration and collaboration across the System so that social media is effective in reaching and engaging key audiences with brand messages in support of the business priorities.
- Effectively manage all resources to support ownership of social media programs (e.g., budget, agency support, etc.). Ensures that all programs are kept within established budget
- Complete administrative functions (e.g., Individual Development Plan, expense reports, budgets etc. in an accurate and timely fashion).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a digital/social media role
- Post-secondary education with a degree/diploma in Communications, English or other related discipline
- Experience in blogging, use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine and other social media platforms
- Understands the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand position
- Experience developing social media strategies and content
- Experience with social media listening and monitoring software programs and tools
- Demonstrated experience building and sustaining active and engaged online communities
- Knowledge of search engine optimization including basic keyword research
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excels in a fast-paced environment and ability to work individually with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates high drive for results and takes initiative
- Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset.
You can submit your resumes to: email@example.com